OptiLedge is a IKEA invented lightweight, L-shaped unit load transport device suitable for replacement to conventional wood pallet especially for odd-size packaged or non-conveyorable products. It can effectively reduce transportation cost and increase sustainability. By using suitable strapping materials, goods can be strapped to OptiLedge easily.
OptiLedge is the perfect substitution to wooden pallet, paper pallet and plastic pallet for shipping odd-size products as well as palletized products.
(1) Environmentally Sustainable—The OptiLedge is made of strong, light and durable Poly Propylene which can be recycled. Traditional wooden pallets use trees and are difficult to dispose of. In addition using wooden pallets adds over one ton of weight to a typical truckload. Lastly, unitized loads generally have less packaging.
(2) Save Money!—Our customers consistently save hundreds of dollars—mainly in fuel and labor costs—per container by implementing the OptiLedge. Significant savings come from the dramatic reduction of labor required to handle imported goods and reduced fuel expenses due to the lighter weight of the OptiLedge. Other savings include reduced packaging costs and reduced damages.
(3) Reduce Labor, Damages and Packaging Cost—The OptiLedge is an economic way of creating unit loads so that freight can be handled in a palletized format throughout the supply chain. This eliminates labor that adds no value to your product, reduces damages, workplace injuries and lead times for your products.
(4) Save Space—The OptiLedge, when not in use, nests together taking up dramatically less space than a traditional pallet. As an example, one truckload of OptiLedges would be the equivalent of 23 truckloads of traditional pallets.
(4) Lightweight—The OptiLedge weighs under two pounds compared to 33 pounds for a traditional pallet.
Flow Packaging is capable of supplying OptiLedge to cater for different applications in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Seremban, Melaka and Johor.